Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
We are proud to announce our newest NGCOA Arizona Bronze Sponsor, Club Prophet!
For over 25 years Club Prophet Systems continues to design fully integrated Golf Management Software systems for the golf industry. Point of Sale (POS), Food and Beverage (F&B) for Snack Bar to Fine Dining, Customer History and Member Management with Billing and Online Statements, Tee Time and Online Reservations, Email Marketing, Mobile Solutions, Integrated Credit Card Processing, Reporting, Inventory, and much more.
Club Prophet Systems
Phone: (800)793-1872 ext. 7002
Learn more about Club Prophet here.
NGCOA Arizona Meeting
Insights on Food & Beverage
Monday, September 18, 2017, 11:00 a.m.
McCormick Ranch Golf Club
7505 E McCormick Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Dear Arizona Golf Industry Members:
The National Golf Course Owners Association of Arizona (NGCOA Arizona) welcomes you to attend our upcoming meeting, “Insights on Food & Beverage,” which will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Monday, September 18 at McCormick Ranch Golf Club in Scottsdale. Featuring several experts on food and beverage operations, the meeting will provide you with numerous takeaways and ideas for improving the profitability and success of your course’s food and beverage operations.
Feature presentations include:
- How renovation and a menu overhaul made a difference in member satisfaction and increased participation at Desert Highlands Golf Club
- Leasing of food and beverage operations: Is it a viable option for your course?
- Current food and beverage trends and tips for increasing profitability and consumer enthusiasm
Additionally, EZ Links will be on hand to demo the new NGCOA Arizona tee-time alternative, Golf4Arizona.com, and explain the features and benefits intended to provide courses with an option that protects their customer data, maintains rate integrity, and offers courses control over the booking process.
All attendees will also receive copies of the NGCOA Arizona “Guide to Running a Successful Golf Tournament,” a new tool being distributed to associations, charities, event planners, travel and convention bureaus, and chambers of commerce, and designed to promote more tournament business at NGCOA Arizona member courses.
You can register online here.
For several years now, Arccos Golf has been helping amateur golfers lower their handicaps by delivering tour-quality shot-tracking data in real time. Now, Arccos wants to give amateurs the world’s smartest caddie.
As part of a new partnership with Microsoft Corp., Arccos is set to launch an innovative course management platform called the Arccos Course Analyzer. The system layers a user’s data on top of millions of data points to provide personalized recommendations for optimal strategy on almost every golf hole in the world. It’s essentially a caddie in the palm of your hand or on your wrist.
For those unfamiliar with the Arccos system, it consists of 14 ultralight sensors that attach to the grip of a player’s clubs. The sensors sync with the player’s smart phone or watch, recording every shot (completely unobtrusively) and delivering real-time data such as club distances and directional tendencies along with GPS mapping. For golfers who love to track their stats, it’s a must-have.
So how will the new course analyzer work?
June 6, 2017 – A Unique Four Hour Experience
Same Day Everywhere Around the World
Engage | Empower | Support
- Send a welcome e-mail and invite prospects
- Post an announcement on your facility’s webpage
- Fuel your social media platforms with inviting posts and photos
- Ask current customers and/or members to introduce others to the game
- Include key members of your team
- Display and promote your existing programs and initiatives.
- Have loaner clubs available.
- Encourage attendees to come back for lessons, golf, to dine or to shop and/or get properly fitted for clubs
- Reach out to organizations, businesses, health clubs, and schools in your local community and invite them
- Wear RED on event day! Take photos of the participants and share on social media
- Encourage participants to also share their WGD experience on social media
- Use the official #womensgolfday hashtag to connect the community
Suggested Formats for Locations
- 2 hours of lessons – 1 hour on the driving range and 1 hour chipping and putting or
- 2 hours of play – A 9-hole scramble, play your own ball, completed in two hours
- Socialize, network and provide info for lessons, league play, & ways participants can get involved in golf
- Some venues may include a facility tour or a special guest/speaker
Retail & Educational Locations
- Suggested Time: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Experience driving in the simulators
- Review short and long game tips
- Putting on an indoor green
- Learn the basics about gripping the club as well as set-up
- Think about fun activities like a putting contest!
- Socialize, network and provide info fir lessons, league play, & ways participants can get involved in golf
- Some venues may include a facility tour or a special guest/speaker
The ORCA Report Teams With NGCOA Arizona To Provide Its Membership With Valuable Golf Course Reporting Data And Metrics
Service provides tool to measure success against competition
NGCOA Arizona has reached a sponsorship agreement with The ORCA Report to provide member golf courses The ORCA Report for a significant discount from the retail price.
The ORCA Report is an acronym for:
- Occupancy – the number of golf rounds sold as a percentage of rounds capacity
- Revenue per Available Round – the capture of revenue related to capacity
- Channel Mix – where golf rounds come from, including direct, internet, 3rd Party resellers, call center, barter, etc.
- Average Rate per Round — the average rate the golf course receives based on daily sales
The ORCA Report helps golf course owners and operators in three distinct ways:
- Explaining performance without bias
- Managing 3rd Party marketing or barter relationships
- Comparing occupancy and rate performance between competitive courses at the day and day-part level
NGCOA Arizona follows a similar sponsorship arrangement made in 2016 by The ORCA Report and NGCOA California.
“The ORCA Report is superbly aligned with the mission of NGCOA Arizona and allows the industry to have timely, accurate rounds and revenue data from public access golf courses in the state,” says ORCA Report co-founder and president Mike Loustalot. “This data helps NGCOA Arizona tell the story of performance in an accurate, timely way.”
The sponsorship agreement will provide The ORCA Report to NGCOA Arizona members at a 30% discount from retail price. It will also help grow the NGCOA Arizona member base by including a membership to NGCOA Arizona in the retail price of the report for those courses not currently members.
Time to download your golf facility’s technology upgrade at the NGCOA’s inaugural Golf Business TechCon.
Join fellow course owners, operators and other industry professionals in Las Vegas, Nevada, for an innovative two-day event designed to spotlight some of the cutting-edge tools and revolutionary tactics that are transforming golf course operations.
While there you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience with an array of technology solutions during an interactive demo day, then participate in a day filled with educational sessions in which experts share strategies and insights to utilize high-tech innovations in real-world applications. There will also be ample time for networking with colleagues, as well as an evening filled with fun at Topgolf Las Vegas, a venue where technology and golf intersect in the most unique of ways.
Whether you’re looking to bring your marketing into the digital age or use technology to streamline and automate your operations, TechCon’s two-track educational line-up promises to offer the training you need to create an integrated facility positioned for success in the modern age.